Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Pilgrimage back' to Mecca (S&P 2012)

This past weekend (6/8-6/10) was the "Nation of Gods and Earths" annual Show and Prove in NYC Mecca. 41 years and still going!!!I was fortunate enough to make the pilgrimage, all the way from Love Allah on the westcoast. As I've stated in many of post before I'm a critical thinker and I anaylze everything including myself to the best of my ability without being bias. My first time out there and it was excellent. All the history about the Nation, the Gods, the Earths, the landmarks.......Alot to take in however it was a pleasure to absorb the rich history of this great Nation!!! Too bare witness to the unity, camaraderie of Original people coming together for one common cause was profound. Walking down 125th st one of the things that stood out was the overall black consciousness , good, bad or indifferent it was there. And no, everybody was not 5%er's b.u.t they were conscious on their own square. Afrocentric, moors, muslims....they all were on 125th. Bowling with the Gods, Earths and babies was entertaining. The bar-b-que held in the garden of Allah's school was peace and cordial. Traveling to Medina (ft greene) for the dance @ 12am was thrilling. The actual show and prove, rapping, singing, science projects, poetry, books, food...etc was a beautiful sight to see. The power of untiy is profound. I built with some gods I've met over the internet. Other gods I've had the opportunity to meet some years back, I saw them at the S&P. I definitely advise and encourage all who are apart of this Nation to make their pilgrimage back to the root. I want to say "PEACE" to my universal family back @ the root and to name a few, Allah B, Virtuous, Life Supreme, Amar, Infinite Al Jamar, Divine, Earthly Jewels, Wise Islam, Um Allah, Hakim and everybody else that made my jounery feel like home. PEACE!!!!............................................... Infinite7

1 comment:

  1. Peace God. You know, i was born and raised in St, Nicholas projects right across the street from the Harriet Tubman School and around the corner from Allah's School. Watching the video brought back familiar memories because the school itself was equipped with conscious educators many who were members of the NOI and probably the NGE. Science and art was strong in my hood! I am glad that you and other Gods and earths from around the country have such a beautiful experience when visiting Harlem/Mecca. it is a special place indeed. Peace.

    ReplyDelete